With the constant algorithm updates each year, it can be overwhelming trying to keep up and stay up-to-date on your SEO. You need a new strategy to continue to increase your website visibility online. SEO experts are still faced with the constant change of tactics to provide the right results.
The pressure of knowing and understanding how to implement these new strategies makes people search for a better way to keep up and stay up-to-date on their SEO. Therefore, how do you get users to stay on your website and interact with your content? Here are the three best ways to help improve your SEO this year according to some SEO Experts
SEO Best Practice 1 — Create Useful, high quality, and relevant content
High-quality content can be a tremendous asset to your Internet marketing and SEO strategy. It is an essential part of SEO because your content sends signals to search engines. You need to create useful and relevant content that appeals to your customers.
Your content needs to have some authority and conversational tone that most visitors can relate with. The audience tends to stay longer on your website to read information when you provide useful content, therefore increase the dwell time.
Great content will engage your visitors. The more people stay on your pages, the more it alerts Google that your content is indeed relevant and valuable to the users. Investing heavily in high-quality content will pay off. Your content must be excellent, engaging and add value to visitors.
Remember to check the character count of your article as well. Long articles tend to rank well.
SEO Best Practice 2 – Make a List of Keywords
Keywords are essential in SEO. Keywords increase the amount of targeted traffic that comes to a website when utilized correctly, but if used poorly, it can hurt your rankings because search engines can recognize pages filled with keywords strictly for SEO purposes.
Gone are those days when keyword stuffing would get you a higher rank in the search engine but now Google penalizes websites for this outdated strategy, demoting keyword stuffed sites to spam. A few properly placed keywords, on your title tags, landing pages, meta-descriptions, and quality links can go a long way.
Manage the total number of words on a webpage to the proportion of keywords. Use a few variations of keywords sprinkled throughout the text, and place them where they make sense and sound natural. Long-Tail Keywords also gives you the opportunity to add your LSI and primary keywords to help you rank better.
SEO Best Practice 3 – Create a Link-Building Plan
Link building is also called backlinks. It’s the process of attracting inbound links to your website from elsewhere. Throwing random links into your content isn’t enough to truly optimize it. You can make your content more useful and relevant to your readers by linking out to authority sites for more in-depth information.
Linking out to authority sites will help increase the relevancy of your content and the time readers spend on your website, as well as send trust signals to Google to improve SEO ranking. Creating internal links to other pages on your site are also important. Internal links within your own content can help visitors to continue learning more about your company.
However, you can remove specific links if they are adding no value or hindering your search rankings without go through every single page on your website. There are many tools to help ensure that your site is free of broken links. Tools like Ahrefs, Majestic, or Moz can help you conduct an in-depth backlink analysis of your website.
Best SEO Tools
Some of the best SEO tools that’ll boost your search ranking include:
- SEO Site Checkup
- SE Ranking Website
- Google keyword planner
These tools will scan your website/blog and show you areas where you have to optimize correctly to increase your Google ranking. Some of these tools have premium subscription while others are free to use.
Common SEO Mistakes to Avoid
So, what are the common SEO mistakes that may hurt your ranking? Here are some mistakes to avoid:
- No Meta descriptions: If you are in the habit of leaving your meta description blank, then you need to stop it. Your Meta description helps search engine and visitors to your site understand what your content is all about; therefore, it makes sense to add a Meta description.
- No title tag: One of the essential elements of On-page SEO is a title tag. You’re destroying your website reputation with Google if you do not add title tags to your content.
- No Alt tag: Alt tag helps boost your search campaign. A title tag plays a vital role in On-page SEO.
- No Images: According to the study, the brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text content. Pictures are one of the best ways to send information because people relate more with visuals. So using images will boost your SEO.
- Keyword stuffing: Before keyword stuffing was the easiest way to increase your search ranking but doing so now will put you in Google’s blacklist. Finding the right keywords for your content and website optimization is the best practice for a keyword.
- Broken links: Broken links are dead links that no longer direct users to the page or pages they intend to go. Using these links can damage your reputation in the search engine. It’s best to use relevant links or delete any broken links.
Other common mistakes are:
- No internal links
- No quality backlinks
- Not optimizing your headlines
- Not optimizing your URLs, keywords and many more.
From this article, we hope you have learned the best strategy to improve your SEO if you want to rank high. Keep in mind that SEO never gives results overnight. You’ll see an increase in engagement, and better visibility in search if done right. So as you work with your website SEO, make sure you incorporate each of these strategies into your overall plan. The strategies above will change the way you approach SEO to boost your search ranking.