CMS platforms provide you with the tools to best manage, present and curate the content that you want to post online. What makes such CMS great is the collaboration between the user and their website developer. CMS platforms such as WordPress is a great place to experience such amazing websites. As it’s one of the most popular ways to build a website, there’s a great demand and different companies often discover new ways to hire a programmer for effective web development partnership.
Why Choose WordPress?
There is a multitude of reasons why WordPress is the best place for your website, and even the numbers speak for itself. WordPress started in 2003, took around 112 person-years worth of effort to build and maintain, and an estimated $6 million in funding. In the last 5 years alone, WordPress has maintained its popularity over other similar platforms such as Drupal and Joomla.
Source: Google Trends
A few more reasons why WordPress dominates the CMS market and is the best place to build your website:
- As the top CMS in the market, WordPress holds over 50% of the CMS market.
- Over 22 million websites all over the internet use WordPress and WordPress-related tools.
- WordPress community continues to grow; with 635 WordCamps spread over 68 cities across the globe.
- The WordPress development team of 70 developers contributes to the WordPress core.
WordPress not only dominate the CMS market but also has one of the highest online traffic. This can definitely benefit any website you decide to make.
- Of the top 100 websites in the world, 14.7% use WordPress; People Magazine, TechCrunch, NFL, CBS Radio, Ted, UPS are just some.
- An estimated 41.7 million new posts are published each month by WordPress users.
- WordPress has been estimated to get 175 million page views in a month.
Aside from all these great statistics, what benefits do you get from using WordPress?
- It’s free. It’s open-source.
- It’s flexible and easy to customize.
- Its features can adapt to responsive websites.
- It’s scalable.
- You can manage multiple sites from in one core.
WordPress Programmers and Developers
With WordPress being a large open source community and a popular online platform, it has opened numerous opportunities for both users and developers alike:
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
- WordPress Plugin Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Marketing and Social Media
- Content Management
- Technical Support Specialist
As a user, it would be most helpful to focus more on the content that you want to produce and share online and less on the details of building a website from the ground up. WordPress developers are best equipped to help you with this. Because of its growth trend, there has been a growing demand for WordPress-related skill-sets. One of the core contributors even estimated that WordPress developer hourly rate to be between $30 and $200. Freelance WordPress developers are even more in demand:
- Upwork has over 125,000 freelance WordPress developers and over 75,000 WordPress designers.
- As of January 2015, over 240, 000 WordPress projects have been completed in Freelancer.com.
- According to the State of the Word, over 90% of developers build more than 1 site.
Why hire freelance WordPress developers? Freelance developers offer all the services of an agency-led development team but at a lower cost. This is also an opportunity to work with global talent and expertise, which can bring a lot more diversity and global perspective to your website.
WordPress Developer Salary
Having a WordPress website is a great platform for your business. However, the development of custom-built WordPress websites can be expensive. A customized WordPress website is estimated to cost between $1,000 and $100,000. There are a number of factors affecting the website and developer costs of a project. Outlined below are some of them.
- Scope. The scope of a project includes the product requirements, timelines, budget, and communication requirements.
- Developer Rates. Different types of developers have varying rates; beginner freelancers cost less than experienced developers and specialists.
- Client Quality. How smooth negotiations will be with potential clients can affect both the initial talks and the cost of the project itself.
- Website Type. The type of website dictates the level of complexity of the website to be built. Complexity impacts cost and require investment from both client and developer.
- Content Quality. Content is what feeds any website that is to be developed. The complexity of a website can also depend on the volume and quality of content that will be used.
- Custom or Pre-made. Custom-built websites cost a lot more than those that are pre-made. A lot more work goes into the former while existing tools and themes lessen the work and cost on the latter.
Not only do you need to consider these factors, but some research on the competitiveness of developer salaries will also help you figure out the possible cost for your WordPress project. To give an idea of the cost if you were to hire a WordPress developer, the table below shows the annual average WordPress developer salary from various countries from around the world.
|New Zealand||NZ$55,350 ($37,550)|
Why Hire WordPress Developers?
WordPress is a free, flexible, and scalable content management software. And has numerous tools to help you build your website. Collaborating with freelance WordPress developers is even better! This option benefits you in many ways.
- Reduced operational and development costs
- Global expert WordPress developers and WordPress plugin developers
- Diversity in your workforce
There are many benefits to having a WordPress website. However, there are considerations before hiring a WordPress developer.
- The project scope and limitation.
- The developer rate agreement negotiations.
- The type of website to be built.
- The quality and volume of content to be put up.
- Whether it will be a custom or pre-built website.
These are just some of the factors that impact the cost of a project, especially the WordPress developer salary. A thorough plan and collaboration are a good foundation for an effective development project. Keep these in mind when planning to hire or collaborate with a web developer or a WordPress plugin developer for your WordPress website!