Setting Up the Theme Using Customizer
Once the Plum Plus Theme is installed. You can start setting up the theme.
Before you set up the theme. Make sure that your site has some pages, posts, categories and featured images.
How to use Theme Customizer?
- To Configure your Plum theme using Customizer log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Customize.
- Customize window of your Plum theme will be loaded which will look like following:
Title, Tagline & Logo
This section contains Following Settings:
Logo: Here you can upload a Logo for your Website. Crop & Resize the logo perfectly on your computer before uploading it.
Site Title: By the using Site Title option you can insert a site title to your Plum Theme.
Tagline: You can use Tagline option to insert a tagline for your website which can be a small description of your website.
Site Icon: You can use Site Icon to give an Icon to your website. Site Icon is shown in following image:
This Contains Numerous setting
gs which can be useful for you to set up the perfect header.
- You can have 2 different Header Styles.
- Replace the Search icon with another icon of your choice and redirect it to a custom URL.
- Add some informational text to the header image.
- Replace Header Text with Either Social Icons, Custom Text or a Menu
Featured Content Areas
How to use Featured Content Areas?
This theme has Many Featured Content Areas to display your Featured Posts. These Featured Posts can be set through a Category.
And for all of them to work, make sure you have sufficient posts in the selected categories, and you have defined Featured images for All of them.
Working With Image Thumbnails
With this theme, you are likely to run into Issues with Images, if you are new to WordPress.
Setting Up Featured Images for Posts?
If you haven’t set any Image on your Homepage and you are seeing a Blank Dummy Image. That’s because you have not set any Featured Image Yet.
How to set Featured Image?
- To set a Featured Image, go to Edit Post and on the Edit page, at the bottom, you will see.
- Now click on Set featured image > Select An Image To Upload Or Choose From Already Existing Images.
- Next, Click onSet featured image button.
- Now an image will be set on your post. Click Update to make changes visible. Make sure that the Featured image you upload is large enough.
Min Width: 600pxMin Height: 400px[ATTENTION: Smaller images will not resize properly.]
How to use Header Image?
- To set a Header Image, go to Appearance > Customize and on the Customize Page, on the left section(Pane) you will see “Header Settings” option.
- Now click on Header Image > Add New Image > Now Upload Or Choose From Already Existing Images.
- Next, Click on Select and Crop button.
- Now Crop Image according to your image message or Skip Cropping your Header Image will be set on your website.
- Click Save & Publish to make changes visible.
Header Image on Mobile Phones
By Default, the Header images will not scale on mobile phones. They will be used as a background.
So if you have textual information or want the full header to display on phones.
For that You have to go Header Settings > Header Images on Phones & choose Full Width.
Fix issues Related to Improper Image Sizes
All Images are Different in size. Why?
You won’t have this issue in your Plum Theme. If you have recently come from a Different theme, your Images will all be of different sizes and will break the theme’s layout.
- To Forcefully Resize All Images and solve this issue, Install and Activate the Plugin named “Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin”.
- You can download this plugin from the following link:
Static Page vs Recent Posts
Plum theme provides Static Front Page section which supports two types of Home Page Display:
- A Static Page
- Or Your Recent Posts
- A Static Page: It will set a Regular Page to your Website’s Home. This is useful if you are not planning on maintaining a Blog and using this theme on a Static Website.
- Your Latest Posts: It will show the Latest Post on your Website’s Home Page.
Plum theme supports two Navigation Menus. The Important one is Primary Menu to Show in the Header.
You can also enable an alternate menu to show up instead of the Social icons as discussed earlier in the Header Settings.
How to Set up Navigation Menu?
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Menus.
- Now Create Menu you want to display on your website.
- After creating a New Menu you can Add Items to it as shown in the following image
- You can Drag & Drop Added Items to make them Sub Menu Items.
Google Web Fonts
This theme supports 650+ Google Fonts. You can choose from 2 Fonts which will automatically be placed at various locations on the theme depending on the context.
- Title Font
- Body Font
You can also Choose Up to 30 Social Icons and their Animation Effects.